Club Officers 2013-2014
|President: Kelsey Swyter|
|Match Secretary: Austen McBain|
|Treasurer: Sam Rix|
|Forwards Captain: Kate Byrne|
Backs Captain: Celia Mattison
About the Women's Rugby Team
2011 D3 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!!!
2011 D3 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!!!
The Carleton Women’s Rugby Football Club was founded in 1978 by student Pixie Newman as the first women’s rugby club in Minnesota. Since then, the club has continued to grow and develop, with as many as 30 women on our roster – depending on the season – a consistent winning record, and a strong team atmosphere.
Given the inherent flexibility of the sport (rugby has 15 different positions able to accommodate women of all sizes and skills), we have a very diverse team, comprised of everyone from the most serious of varsity and national athletes, to women just looking for something new and fun to try. A few of our players have experience playing rugby prior to Carleton, but the majority are newcomers to the sport, so we start each season (Fall and Spring) going over the basics and getting reacquainted with the game. Anyone interested in challenging herself to try a new sport while joining a welcoming and supportive community, is encouraged to come out and play with us.
Feel free to contact Kelsey, Kate, or Celia if you have questions or are interested in
trying it out!
To be announced...
Other Club Sports
- AikidoApplies principles of the fighting arts toward the goals of peace, harmony, and self-improvement.
- Alpine Ski ClubProvides the Carleton community with an opportunity to explore the joys of alpine skiing, both as a sport and as a recreation.
- BadmintonGives members of the Carleton Community an opportunity to play Badminton on a regular basis.
- Competitive DanceWe practice a wide variety of Ballroom and Latin dances at the competitive level. Think Dancing with the Stars, Carleton style.
- CUT (Carleton Ultimate Team)One of the nation's dominant teams in men's college ultimate.
- CyclingPromotes bicycle road racing at the College.
- EclipseProvides a fun and encouraging environment for women to develop ultimate frisbee skills and compete at an intercollegiate level.
- EquestrianCompetes in horse shows and provides lessons in horsemanship.
- GOP (Gods of Plastic)A competitive Carleton men's ultimate team.
- KarateOffers instruction in traditional Okinawan Karate
- Men's Ice HockeyMen's Ice Hockey provides Carleton students of all skill levels an opportunity to play competitive club hockey in the Midwest.
- Men's LacrosseThe Carleton Men's Lacrosse team is a competitive intercollegiate program in the Upper Midwest Lacrosse League, a group featuring a number of MIAC schools.
- Men's RugbyCore Principles: 1. Playing rugby 2. Singing songs 3. Finding joy in back pain
- Men's VolleyballOffers intercollegiate competition and instruction
- Nordic SkiingA team of people who enjoy cross country skiing and racing at a competitive level.
- SailingSails and races small sailboats locally and in intercollegiate regattas
- Synchronized SwimmingThe Club Sport program welcomes the arrival of the Synchronized Swimming team.
- SyzygySyzygy is Carleton's women's ultimate team.
- Table TennisA forum for skilled veterans and eager beginners alike to learn, teach, share and enjoy the extraordinary game that is Table Tennis.
- Tae Kwon DoEngages in practice and competition of this ancient Korean martial art.
- TennisCarleton's competitive tennis team
- Water PoloProvides water polo instruction, practice, and local competition.
- Women's Hockey (WHAC)Provides the opportunity to participate competitively in the great game of hockey.
- Women's LacrosseTeaches the basics and provides intercollegiate competition for players of all experience levels.
- Women's RugbyAnyone interested in trying a new sport is encouraged to come out and play with us. We promise that playing rugby will be one of the best decisions of your Carleton career.