Tae Kwon Do
Club Officers 2014-15
President: Ryan Michael Nillo
Vice-President: Shiny Choi
Treasurer: Scott Jamieson
Safety Officer: Ryan Michael Nillo
Winter 2015 Competition Schedule
To be announced...
Winter 2015 Practice Schedule
Practices are held Tuesdays from 6:30 to 8:00 PM at the Cowling Dance Studio and Thursdays 5:15 to 6:45 PM at the Cowling Gym.
About the Tae Kwon Do Club
The Tae Kwon Do club engages in the rigorous practice of this ancient Korean martial art through our affiliation with Grandmaster Il K. Kim's Tae Kwon Do Center in Fridley, MN. We welcome all levels, and will provide instruction in both the physical and mental/philosophical aspects of Tae Kwon Do. In the coming years, we hope to develop a demonstration team, as well as compete in more tournaments.
We compete in open tournaments through our affiliation with Kim's Tae Kwon Do Center. In past years, we have competed in several tournaments in the Midwest region, and have done quite well, which is quite an accomplishment for a club our size.
Jinxuan (Linda) Li
Juan Tovar Montanez
CONGRATULATIONS to Kyle Leichter ('12), Biz Silverstein ('11) and Kelly Soderstrom ('11) for their silver, silver and two golds respectively in the ANDY WALLEN MEMORIAL TOURNAMENT.
Tournament Summary: The 2008 Andy Wallen Memorial Tournament
On November 8th, Kyler Leicher '12, Biz Silverstein '11 and Kelly Soderstrom '11 competed in the Andy Wallen Memorial Taekwondo Tournament in Osseo, Minnesota. The tournament was a great success for Carleton's Taekwondo team, which brought two gold and two silver medals. Kyle earned a silver medal for sparring in the men's black belt heavyweight division. Biz, competing in her first ever taekwondo tournament, brought home a silver for sparring in the women's yellow belt bantam weight division. Kelly won gold medals in both women's black belt forms and in the women's black belt heavyweight division for sparing.
Other Club Sports
- AikidoApplies principles of the fighting arts toward the goals of peace, harmony, and self-improvement.
- Alpine Ski ClubProvides the Carleton community with an opportunity to explore the joys of alpine skiing, both as a sport and as a recreation.
- BadmintonGives members of the Carleton Community an opportunity to play Badminton on a regular basis.
- Competitive DanceWe practice a wide variety of Ballroom and Latin dances at the competitive level. Think Dancing with the Stars, Carleton style.
- CUT (Carleton Ultimate Team)One of the nation's dominant teams in men's college ultimate.
- CyclingPromotes bicycle road racing at the College.
- EclipseProvides a fun and encouraging environment for women to develop ultimate frisbee skills and compete at an intercollegiate level.
- EquestrianCompetes in horse shows and provides lessons in horsemanship.
- GOP (Gods of Plastic)A competitive Carleton men's ultimate team.
- KarateOffers instruction in traditional Okinawan Karate
- Men's Ice HockeyMen's Ice Hockey provides Carleton students of all skill levels an opportunity to play competitive club hockey in the Midwest.
- Men's LacrosseThe Carleton Men's Lacrosse team is a competitive intercollegiate program in the Upper Midwest Lacrosse League, a group featuring a number of MIAC schools.
- Men's RugbyCore Principles: 1. Playing rugby 2. Singing songs 3. Finding joy in back pain
- Men's VolleyballOffers intercollegiate competition and instruction
- Nordic SkiingA team of people who enjoy cross country skiing and racing at a competitive level.
- SailingSails and races small sailboats locally and in intercollegiate regattas
- Synchronized SwimmingThe Club Sport program welcomes the arrival of the Synchronized Swimming team.
- SyzygySyzygy is Carleton's women's ultimate team.
- Table TennisA forum for skilled veterans and eager beginners alike to learn, teach, share and enjoy the extraordinary game that is Table Tennis.
- Tae Kwon DoEngages in practice and competition of this ancient Korean martial art.
- TennisCarleton's competitive tennis team
- Water PoloProvides water polo instruction, practice, and local competition.
- Women's Hockey (WHAC)Provides the opportunity to participate competitively in the great game of hockey.
- Women's LacrosseTeaches the basics and provides intercollegiate competition for players of all experience levels.
- Women's RugbyAnyone interested in trying a new sport is encouraged to come out and play with us. We promise that playing rugby will be one of the best decisions of your Carleton career.