Welcome! This page is an information and resource center for those interested in ridesharing and the environmental impacts of commuting to Carleton’s campus. Drawing on previous research and recently collected data, this site provides analysis of Carleton’s transportation trends and further explains how faculty, staff, and students can save money and reduce their environmental impact by taking advantage of low and zero emissions commuting options.
With an interactive Google map created from Carleton’s directory data, this site can help you find nearby carpool partners and set up rideshares. The interactive map even includes Park and Ride lots in the Metro area and beyond. Other resources on this site will help you to understand the benefits of carpooling and avoid conflicts with your rideshare partners.
- A quick description of the benefits to ridesharing, including the ones you didn't know existed.
- Considering the following points may make your ride much more enjoyable.
- This page describes the transportation options available to faculty, staff, and students.
- This page describes some of the environmental impacts of driving and uses Carleton specific data to measure the environmental impacts of Carleton commuters.
- This page provides links to relevant Carleton sites and helpful documents and reports.
- Find out who lives near you so you can easily arrange carpools