Adding web folders
To connect to your Home and Collab folders using Microsoft Web Folders under Windows XP, follow the following steps:
1. Open My Network Places on your desktop. If you don’t see My Network Places, open My Computer and click on My Network Places under Other Places on the left hand pane:
2. In My Network Places, click on Add a network place under Network Places on the left hand pane:
Figure 2. Opening Add a network place in My Network Places
3. Click Next once and then in the next window, select Choose another network location and click Next:
Figure 3. Step 3.
4. In the next dialog box that appears, enter https://home.its.carleton.edu/oneNet/netstorage and click Next:
Figure 4. Entering the NetStorage address
5. In the next dialog box, log in with your Carleton Net ID and password (network username and password used for email and so on). If you wish to be connected for a long time, check Remember my password:
6. In the next window, enter a name for the web folders that will make it easy to identify the web folder (the following screenshot uses My Web Folders):
Figure 6. Entering a name for your web folders
7. Click Finish in the next window. If you did not check Remember my password in step 5 above, you will have to log in using your Carleton Net ID and password now and every time you open the web folders.8. Your web folders are now accessible under My Network Places. The Home folder is accessible as Home@CARLETON and the Collab folder is accessible as DriveI@COLLAB.
9. To remove your web folders, go to My Network Places, and delete it using the Delete key or drag them to the Recycle Bin.