What is The Forum?
You may not know it, but as an exempt staff member, you are already a member of the Forum! The Forum consists of all exempt employees, and participation is voluntary.
The purpose of the Forum is two-fold:
- Provide opportunities to get together with other exempt staff to share ideas, discuss issues of common interest, and socialize.
- Serve as an advocate for exempt staff participation in discussions that affect our roles in the Carleton community. Topics vary, and we are always open to suggestions.
Who coordinates the Forum's activities?
Looking for a way to get more involved on campus? Want to meet staff members from other offices? Enjoy planning events? Interested in providing feedback to College leaders? If so, you should become more involved with the Forum Steering Committee, the guiding group for the Forum. Our goal is to have up to 15 members who represent nearly every office and division on campus.
The Forum Steering Committee meets on the third Wednesday of each month at 2:00 pm in Hill Lounge (see the calendar for exact dates and locations). All members of the Forum are welcome to attend!
If you are interested in learning more or joining the Steering Committee, please join us for our next meeting or contact any of us.
Steering Committee Co-Chairs, 2012-2013:
- Catherine Gardner, Alumni Relations, email@example.com
- Christopher Tassava, Corporate & Foundation Relations, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Representative to Budget Committee, 2010-2014
Steering Committee Members, 2012-2013:
- Tom Baraniak, Physics & Astronomy, email@example.com
- Russ Bauer, ITS, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Representative to Benefits Committee, 2012-2017
- Julia Burmesch, Campus Services, email@example.com
- Aaron Chaput, PEAR, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Michael Decker, ITS, email@example.com
- Sarah Forster, Alumni Relations, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Representative to College Council, 2010-2014
- Stefanie Herrick, Alumni Relations, email@example.com
- Tom Lamb, Library, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Martha Larson, Facilities, email@example.com
- Representative to Campus Design Advisory Committee, 2011-2014
- Shari Meyer, Business Office, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Brent Nystrom, Career Center, email@example.com
- Kate Spurgeon, Dean of Students, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kendra Strode, Admissions, email@example.com
- A list of current events and activities planned by The Forum.
- The College Benefits Committee needs one new exempt-staff member. Nominations are sought from any individual with an interest in serving on this committee, which has several responsibilities, including advising the College, through Human Resources, on health insurance and retirement benefits; attending to employee wellness and the general working environment; exploring new benefits; and educating the campus community on current benefits. Read on for more details.