What is The Forum?
You may not know it, but as an exempt staff member, you are already a member of the Forum! The Forum consists of all exempt employees, and participation is voluntary.
The purpose of the Forum is two-fold:
- Provide opportunities to get together with other exempt staff to share ideas, discuss issues of common interest, and socialize.
- Serve as an advocate for exempt staff participation in discussions that affect our roles in the Carleton community. Topics vary, and we are always open to suggestions.
Who coordinates the Forum's activities?
Looking for a way to get more involved on campus? Want to meet staff members from other offices? Enjoy planning events? Interested in providing feedback to College leaders? If so, you should become more involved with the Forum Steering Committee, the guiding group for the Forum. Our goal is to have up to 15 members who represent nearly every office and division on campus.
The Forum Steering Committee meets on the third Wednesday of each month at 2:00 pm in Hill Lounge (see the calendar for exact dates and locations). All members of the Forum are welcome to attend!
If you are interested in learning more or joining the Steering Committee, please join us for our next meeting or contact any of us.
Steering Committee Co-Chairs, 2014-2015:
- Catie Gardner, Alumni Relations, email@example.com
- Erin Updike, Alumni Relations, firstname.lastname@example.org
Steering Committee Members, 2014-2015:
- Tom Baraniak, Physics & Astronomy, email@example.com
- Russ Bauer, ITS, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Representative to Benefits Committee, 2012-2017
- Aaron Chaput, PEAR, email@example.com
- Abby Trout, Career Center, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Amanda Williams, Summer Academic Programs, email@example.com
- Lee Clark, Student Activities, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Representative to Campus Design Advisory Committee, 2013-2017
- Sarah Forster, Alumni Relations, email@example.com
- Representative to College Council, 2010-2014
- Tom Lamb, Library, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Shari Meyer, Business Office, email@example.com
- Alena Rivera, Career Center, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kate Spurgeon, Dean of Students, email@example.com
- Christopher Tassava, Corporate & Foundation Relations, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Representative to Budget Committee, 2010-2014