Subscribing to a Calendar
Did you know you can subscribe to any office/departmental Carleton event calendar? It's easy to do!
Desktop calendar software (Outlook, Apple iCal) and Mobile Device calendars (iPhone, iPad, Android)
- Go to the calendar in question
- Find the link "Subscribe to this calendar" at the bottom of the page.
- Click (or tap) the link. Your desktop calendar software should launch and add the Carleton event calendar to its subscriptions.
Web-based calendar software (Google Calendar)
- Go to the calendar in question.
- Find the link "Download Events" at the bottom of the page.
- Right-click on the link (or control-click, if you have a one-button Mac) to bring up a menu.
- Copy the link:
- Firefox: "Copy Link Location"
- Safari: "Copy Link"
- Internet Explorer: "Copy Shortcut"
- Chrome and Opera: "Copy Link Address"
- Go to your calendar program and add a subscription using the link you just copied. This option is called different things in different calendar tools. Here's how to do it in Google Calendar:
- At the bottom of the left-hand calendar list, look for "Other Calendars" and click on the small down-arrow next to it.
- Choose "Add by URL"
- Paste in the web address you copied earlier
- Click "Add Calendar." The calendar will be added to the "Other Calendars" section.
- You can change the title, turn on/off viewing, and change the color of that calendar through the small down-arrow next to it.