A program of Utah State University, WebAIM provides detailed information and tutorials for people interested in web accessibility.
WebAIM presents detailed tutorials on making different HTML elements accessible, as well as information on the accessibility of various file formats, and guidance on media captioning.
The WAVE Web Validator performs several automated checks to assess web compliance with either WCAG 1 or the Section 508 Standards. Many accessibility checks require used intervention. The WAVE validator is particularly effective at showing the linear progression a screen reading device would take through a table.
AccessIT is federally funded to provide information on accessible information technology in educational environments.
This simple set of web pages demonstrates problems and solutions to common web accessibility problems.
AccessIT maintains searchable knowledge base with information and additional resources on a wide variety of accessibility issues.
A self-paced course class called "Introduction to Accessible Information Technology in Education" is offered free of charge.
- World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)
- Web Accessibility in Mind (WebAIM)
- National Center on Accessible Information Technology in Education (AccessIT)
- National Center on Accessible Media (NCAM)
Guidelines and Standards
World Wide Web (W3C) Consortium Guidelines:
US Federal Standards:
- US Access Board - Text of the 508 Standards
- US Access Board - Implementation Guide to the 508 Standards for Web Accessibility