About the Career Center
The mission of the Carleton Career Center is to engage the Carleton community and facilitate connections among our partners (students, alumni, parents, faculty, employers and friends). From mentoring programs to individual coaching, we empower Carls to help Carls in their exploration and pursuit of satisfying careers.
We execute our mission with two major objectives in mind:
- To provide the preparation and training necessary for students to develop professional, interpersonal and self-presentation skills needed to connect with the Carleton community, and the wider world
- To provide a slate of programs through which students can more easily connect with the larger Carleton community, practice their emerging skills and expand their professional networks.
Above and beyond those broad objectives, the Center continues to offer a host of career services, including:
- résumé and cover letter resources and assistance
- individualized job and internship database searching
- organization of on-campus recruiting
- access to off-campus job fairs
- scholarship/fellowship identification and support
- self-assessment tools
- Contact information for Career Center staff
- Information about the student Career Advisors
- Do you need to make an appointment, or will a drop-in visit be best?
- The Carleton Careers Alumni Board engages alumni across classes, professions, and industries to aid the career center in helping students and alumni explore and find meaningful careers.
- Senior Survey data and other statistics
- News stories and about the Career Center and its programs.