Career Advisors (CAs)
CAs are student workers in the Career Center office who provide outreach and information to the campus community about career-related programs and resources, serve as resources and advisors for students, and assist Career Center staff with workshops, information sessions, and meetings.
Purpose of the CA Program
- CAs provide outreach and information to the campus community about career-related programs and resources.
- CAs will be familiar with the programs and resources offered by the Career Center, and will educate the campus community about available opportunities. They will focus on reaching a broad and diverse population of students with varying career interests through marketing, presentations and programs, tabling, and tours.
- CAs serve as resources and advisors for students.
- CAs will answer basic career-related questions and refer students to the appropriate resources. CAs will establish peer relationships which encourage students to take advantage of Career Center resources and increase student confidence in career planning. They will meet with individual students to provide information and referrals. CAs will also collaborate with other student leaders to promote career-related events and activities.
- CAs assist staff with workshops, information sessions, and meeting preparation and delivery.