FALL TERM HISTORY CAREERS PANEL (includes Pizza dinner!)
From site: History
Time: 6:30 pm
Duration: 2 hours
Location: Weitz Center LOME (Lounge Over Main Entrance) balcony
Sponsored by: History
Contact: William North, x4202
Tuesday, October 8, 2013, from 6:30 p.m. until 8 p.m. or so.
We invite your questions about careers available to History Majors! Six History alumni representing a variety of career directions (teaching, law, business, non-profits, and library and information science) to talk with History majors (and all other students interested in any of these career areas!) over dinner about their various paths from their Carleton history major to where they are now; important skills and knowledge they recommend for their positions; pros and cons, etc. Bill North, our History Dept Career Adviser, is hosting the panel.
OUR DISTINGUISHED ALUMNI PANEL:
* BUSINESS: Greg Pearson '01, Marketing Manager, General Mills, Inc., Minneapolis
* K-12 EDUCATION: Don Perkins ’91, Advanced Placement History Teacher Apple Valley High School
* LAW & PUBLIC SERVICE: Cynthia Campos ’98, Attorney, Campos Law Firm; Councilwoman, Minnesota Governor’s Chicano Latino Affairs Council; Consultant, Services Employees Intl Union (SEIU), Minneapolis
* NON-PROFITS: Sarah Lopez ’09 Community Organizer. PPNA Powderhorn Park Neighborhood Association, Minneapolis
and Eleanor Perrone ’04 Assistant Director, Development, Facing History & Ourselves, Chicago
* PUBLIC HISTORY ~ Library and Information Science: Andrea Phelps Egbert ’07, Information Services, Anoka County Library, Anoka
Everyone is welcome to attend! Please feel free to contact either email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org for more info. This event is sponsored by the History Department, with additional support from the Career Center and the Alumni Affairs office.
This event occurs on:
- Tuesday, October 8th, 2013