Engagement Wanted: Information for Students
A networking tool for the Classes of 2013 and 2014
Seniors and Juniors are invited to sign up for Engagement Wanted and send your requests for opportunities & advice to Carleton's network of alumni, parents, and friends.
How does it work? It's simple:
- You fill out a short Engagement Wanted "ad" describing yourself and the opportunity you're seeking: full-time work, internship, summer job, advice on breaking into a certain field, etc.
- Your ad gets emailed to alumni and parent volunteers. Beginning in early February 2013, we'll start sending a weekly digest of "Engagement Wanted" ads to alumni and parent volunteers.
- Engagement Wanted ads will be sent out each week, for 12 weeks. We plan on shutting it down around May 1, 2013.
- Connections happen. The volunteers will read your ad and contact you if they have any advice, contacts, or opportunities to offer.
- You respond! If a volunteer contacts you, it is your responsibility, nay a requirement! that you respond in a respectful and prompt manner.
Start your Engagement Wanted profile today.
- Begin filling out your profile by clicking here.
- Sign in with your current Carleton username and password.
- Fill out your profile.
- Make sure you understand the Three "R's" of Responsibility: Respect Alumni, Respond Promptly, and be pRoactive
- Show your agreement to the Three "R's" of Responsibility by clicking on each
- Click the Submit button to preview your profile
- If your ad isn't ready to share yet, or you want to discontinue it (because you've already landed that dream opportunity, we hope!), just check the "no" on Ready to Share? That will suppress it from the Engagement Wanted emails to alumni and parent volunteers.
Alumni and parents who opt in for the Engagement Wanted emails will receive:
- Your name, home town, and major
- Your Engagement Wanted advertisement
- Links to your resume and LinkedIn profile (should you choose)
- Your photo
- Your list of skills and interests