Engagement Wanted: Information for Students
A networking tool for the Classes of 2014 and 2015
Seniors and Juniors are invited to sign up for Engagement Wanted and send your requests for opportunities & advice to Carleton's network of alumni, parents, and friends.
How does it work? It's simple:
- You fill out a short Engagement Wanted "ad" on your Student Profile, describing yourself and the opportunity you're seeking: full-time work, internship, summer job, advice on breaking into a certain field, etc.
- You complete your Student Profile, which is attached to your listing in the online student directory.
- Your ad gets emailed to alumni and parent volunteers with a link to your Student Profile included. The first emails will be sent out during the week of February 10-14.
- Engagement Wanted ads will be sent out each week, for around 12 weeks. We plan on shutting it down around May 5, 2014.
- Connections happen. The volunteers will read your ad and look at your Student Profile, and then contact you if they have any advice, contacts, or opportunities to offer.
- You respond! If a volunteer contacts you, it is your responsibility, as well as a requirement of continued participation in the program, that you respond in a respectful and prompt manner.
Start your Engagement Wanted ad.
Please read carefully the "Completing Your EW Ad & Student Profile" document in the "Related Documents" section on the right side of this web page before starting your Engagement Wanted Ad. Please come to the Career Center for assistance.
- Fill out the Engagement Wanted Ad field contained in your Student Profile (it will be visible when you log into the editing mode)
- Make sure the all the fields on your Student Profile reflect the image you want to present to alums who may view it.
- Make sure you understand the Three "R's" of Responsibility: Respect Alumni, Respond Promptly, and be pRoactive
- If you want to discontinue your ad (because you've already landed that dream opportunity, we hope!), just delete all the text in the Engagement Wanted Ad field in your Student Profile. That will suppress it from the Engagement Wanted emails to alumni and parent volunteers.
Alumni and parents who opt in for the Engagement Wanted emails will receive:
- Your name and major
- Your Engagement Wanted "ad"
- Your photo
- The Tags you have included in the “Academic and Career-Related Interests” and your “Hobbies & Interests” fields of your Student Profile
- A link to your resume, if you've included one in your Student Profile
- A link to your Student Profile