Mentor Externships: Information for Volunteers
Volunteer for Mentor Externships!
After signing up, you'll receive a confirmation email with specific instructions, a structured time-line and other logistical information.
Questions? Email email@example.com.
(You'll be prompted to log in upon signing up.)
Carleton’s Mentor Externship Program connects students with alumni or parent volunteers over winter break for short and highly active/engaged internships that include home-stays. A premium is placed on alumni/student conversations to and from work, after work, over meals, or at your local coffee shop. It’s about work as a part of life and is a relationship-centered experience. Fill out the Host Enrollment Form here.
- short internships that include focused projects/presentations, meetings with other colleagues, shadowing with other colleagues in other departments, etc.
- high level of professional mentoring around project management, self-presentation, networking, etc.
- long-term mentoring
Why It's Helpful:
- in-depth industry/job knowledge
- gain professional experience
- direct feedback/coaching
- high-level, relationship-centered, professional mentoring
- insight into how work fits into life
- opportunity to network