A good interview starts with preparation.
- Do your research and learn everything you can about the organization. Read their website to see how they talk about themselves. Google them to see if there's news about them. Talk to current or past employers to get the inside perspective.
- Anticipate questions they may ask. Look carefully at the position description for clues about the types of questions they're likely to ask.
- Review your resume. Be prepared to speak in detail about anything on your resume.
- Prepare several questions that you can ask the interviewer.
- Practice! Set up a practice interview with a career counselor. Have it recorded so that you can view it and critique yourself.
we can't stress enough the value of a practice interview. Interviewing, like any other skill, is something you improve with practice.
Common Interview Questions
Have some answers to these questions ready before the interview.
Dressing For Interviews
Dress for the part: appropriate dress for interviews and what to bring
There may be alums at the organization where you want to interview. They can help tell you what kind of questions the interviewers may ask, and give you other ideas as well.