Common Interview Questions
These are some of the most commonly asked questions at an interview. You may want to review them and have an answer prepared (although not memorized) for each.
- Tell me about yourself.
- Why do you want to work here?
- What did you like/dislike about your last job?
- What would you like to be doing five years from now?
- What are your biggest accomplishments?
- What is your biggest weakness?
- Do you work well under pressure?
- Why should I hire you?
- How do you take direction?
- What is the most difficult situation you have faced?
- Do you prefer working with others or alone?
- What would you do in a situation like [fill in the blank]? (This is called Behavior-Based Interviewing, and the Career Center can offer tips on how to answer questions like these.)
This information is taken from Knock 'em Dead, The Ultimate Job Seeker's Handbook by Martin Yate, published by Adams Media Corporation. To get some advice answering these common questions, come check out the book from the Career Center.