Thank You Notes
After an interview, it is customary to send a Thank you note to the person (s) who interviewed you. Below are some tips for writing the note.
- Your thank you note is a business letter. It is appropriate to send the note in hand written, typed/printed, or email formats.
- Don't use a first name - If the person you have interviewed with has said, "Please, call me ____" then you may begin your "thank you" note "Dear _____". Otherwise, it should begin, "Dear Mr./Ms.," with a colon.
- Begin with a "Thank you"
- Make it short - Your Thank you note should be quick and to the point. It should include:
- A return address and date
- An inside address
- A salutation
- An initial "Thank you" for the interview
- A personal remark relating back to the interview
- Any additional point you wish to reinforce
- An indication that you remain very interested in the position
- Another thank you
- A "Sincerely" or "Yours truly"
- Your signature