Mayo Innovation Scholars Program
This program offers an opportunity for undergraduate science and economics students, along with MBA student leaders, to work on selected medical research projects submitted by Mayo Clinic professionals through the Mayo Ventures and Licensing activity. This is a collaborative effort between the Mayo Clinic and selected Minnesota colleges and universities with financial and administration support from the Medtronic Foundation and the Minnesota Private College Research Foundation. Participating schools are Augsburg College, Carleton College, Concordia College (Moorhead), Gustavus Adolphus College, Macalester College, St. John's University/College of St. Benedict, St. Mary's University, St. Olaf College, and the University of St. Thomas.
The objectives of the program are:
- To help the Mayo Office of Intellectual Property assess the market viability of new product submissions by Mayo researchers
- To provide research internship opportunities for undergraduate science and business students
- To provide leadership development and research opportunities for MBA students
Thursday, September 27, 2012 at 11:59 pm.
- Application open to current Juniors and Seniors who are majoring in Economics or the sciences
- GPA requirement of 3.2 or above
- Program work begins in December, 2012 and concludes with a group presentation at the Mayo Clinic in March 2013.
- Submit a resume and cover letter via The Tunnel by the deadline of 11:59 pm on Thursday, September 27, 2012. (In the tunnel: locate Carleton Career Center as the employer, and Mayo Innovation Scholars Program as the job posting.) The cover letter should address how your interests and qualifications will benefit this team-based research opportunity.
A faculty selection committee will review applications and select Carleton students, who will be notified by Friday, September 28, 2012. The selected students will work as a team with an MBA project leader from St. Thomas or Augsburg. Each member of the team will receive a $1,000 stipend.
Contact Mike Hendel, Associate Director at (507) 222-4293 or email@example.com.