The Selective Liberal Arts Consortium
Participating in SLAC gives you access to off-campus job interviews with leading employers around the country!
The Selective Liberal Arts Consortium provides students with off-campus interview opportunities for post-graduate and internship positions with top employers in many different fields.
The organizations that interview through SLAC come from all sectors, including for-profit, nonprofit, and government, and opportunities include entry-level jobs and internships in a wide range of areas, such as: Education, Advertising, Marketing, Political Organizing, Technology, Economic Research, Consulting, Public Policy, Law, and Medical & Scientific Research.
SLAC Interview Days
The Selective Liberal Arts Consortium (SLAC) Interview Day cater specifically to small liberal arts college students looking for employment. These employers have expressed interest in looking for students with liberal arts education. SLAC Interview Day is especially useful to interview with organizations that don't recruit on-campus.
- Washington, DC Recruiting Day - January 6, 2017
- New York Recruiting Day - January 9, 2017
How do I register?
Log in to the SLAC registration form using your full e-mail address, followed by "_slac" as your username (ie. email@example.com_slac) and "recruiting" as your password. If you are having problems registering, contact the Career Center.
What should I do before the SLAC interview days?
- Research the employers. Visit the SLAC website to research the employers, the positions and whether any materials in addition to the resume are required to apply (e.g. transcript, cover letter, writing sample, references, standardized test scores).
- Register online. All students should have access to the SLAC website. If you are having problems registering, contact the Career Center.
- Submit your resume online. Application deadlines are posted on the SLAC website. You may submit materials for any and all events. No materials will be accepted after the deadline.
- Note: The employers differ at each fair, based on location. It is especially important to realize that by submitting your resume, you are making a commitment to accept the interview(s) if you are selected. Seriously assess your interest in and your ability to accept an interview with each organization at each recruiting day site before submitting your resume and other materials.
- Schedule interviews. As soon as possible, you will be informed by email of interviews you have been offered. You must respond whether you will accept or decline each interview. You need to check your email during winter break for changes. As soon as you have confirmed your interviews, you will receive specific information relating to each fair.
- Again, assess your interest in and your ability to accept an interview with each organization at each recruiting day site before submitting materials. It is difficult to make changes once interviews have been accepted.
- Book travel plans. It is your responsibility to get to each of the locations. Remember to consider travel expenses (flight, train, hotel) when applying for interviews at any of the fairs. Be sure you can realistically travel to each of the cities you apply to.
Virtual Recruiting Days
The Selective Liberal Arts Consortium Virtual Recruiting Days are a way to connect college seniors with employers in an online format. Employers post job openings and students review job descriptions and submit resumes online. Employers access applications on the website at any time during the Fair and then contact selected students by phone or email to set up interviews (usually during Spring Break).
- September Video Interview Day - September 23, 2016
- February Video Interview Day - February 24, 2017
If you applied to participate in the SLAC Job Fairs you will already have access to applying online. If you are new to this, please stop in to the Career Center to gain Full Access to apply online. In the Virtual Fair, the process is the same as for the SLAC fairs, in that the job descriptions will be available and you can apply online. You will submit your resume or other information requested by the employer online, however, there is no specific date or place for the interview. This is something that you will have to arrange individually with the employer.