Career Center Programs for Students
Carleton's Career Center has pioneered a series of programs to connect our active and engaged alumni volunteers with our inquisitive and capable students. These programs have served as templates for other schools who have developed their own similar initiatives.
- The 30 Minutes program provides students with access to one-on-one time, group discussion, and a casual and candid interview with Carleton alumni luminaries in many fields.
- Carleton’s Mentor Externships program connects students with alumni for 1-4 week “mini internships,” most with a focus project, and generally including home-stays with their alumni hosts.
- Internship programs provide students with real world experience and perspective in a given field, while organizations find them to be a solution to short-term staffing needs and a solid source of new hires.
- The Engagement Wanted program connects Carleton juniors and seniors with alumni, parents, and friends of the College who may have advice, referrals, or employment opportunities.
- The Carleton Scholars program allows students to tour a variety of organizations in a particular field of interest, including site visits, panel discussions, receptions, and social activities.