Externships: Information for Volunteers
Volunteer for Externships!
After signing up, you'll receive a confirmation email with specific instructions, a structured time-line and other logistical information.
Questions? Contact us.
(You'll be prompted to log in upon signing up.)
Carleton’s Externship Program connects students with alumni or parent volunteers over winter break for a short and highly active/engaged experience that usually includes a focus project, shadowing opportunities, and networking. Some externships include housing with the host, but this is not required.
Timeline for December 2015 Externships
TIMELINE INFORMATION FOR THE DECEMBER 2015 EXTERNSHIP PROGRAM WILL BE POSTED SOON
- a 1-3 week career exploration experience that includes shadowing and meeting with colleagues in other departments, attending meetings, networking, focused projects/presentations, etc.
- can include housing with the externship host, but this is not required
- short- or long-term mentoring
Why It's Helpful:
- in-depth industry/job knowledge
- gain professional experience
- direct feedback/coaching
- high-level, relationship-centered, professional mentoring
- opportunity to network