Carleton has a lot to be proud of this weekend. With the defeat of the Voter ID and Marriage Amendments, the reelection of President Obama, and local candidates, Carls have demonstrated that they do care and are politically engaged.
Morality is difficult because it is almost never immediately relevant. Ethics are great to talk about.
If you haven’t been by the Libe to see If You Give a Monk a Manuscript, you should. I am confident in saying it is probably the most ambitious attempt at putting together a fully-fledged exhibition within a single term. Simply put, it’s amazing.
1. Make a slew of alarm clocks and hide them on first Libe, then run very far away.
2. Perfect my pumpkin carving abilities, but on a much smaller scale.
1. Cut out the letters and make a ransom note in which you agree to return the pen to that kid in your Calculus class in exchange for excessive amounts of Easy Mac.
This past Tuesday night I was procrastinating on 4th Libe (per usual) and just generally shooting the breeze with fellow Carls. In the course of a conversation with someone who I really respect, I discovered that they were planning on not voting this fall.
Does it really make sense to compare an Observational Drawing grade with the grade you receive for Introduction to Classic Studies? What would the average between the two even represent?
Is this what getting old feels like, seeing the charred, maimed corpse of a kid your sister’s age lying in the desert on CNN and realizing that all your friends—and possibly you—are going to vote the person who made it happen into the highest office in the country?
1. There’s bound to be plenty of cheesy eggs and bananas at LDC-- those are some hot commodities.
When I was in middle school I loved Bionicle. I collected nearly every character and comic, played the games, watched the movies, and even got on message boards whenever I could.
This week the Pew Research Center reported that the number of religiously unaffiliated Americans has reached a record high.
1. Apple cider; hot or cold, it is always a delicious treat.
2. All things pumpkin- muffins, carving, seeds, pie, and of course bread.