Wednesday, Jan. 25
7:25 pm A fire alarm was reported at Laird Hall. A microwave oven wasn’t happy with the metal cup it was melting and had created enough smoke to set off the alarm. The repentant culprit was advised not to use the microwave any more.
Friday, Jan. 27
7:40 am A fire alarm was reported at Burton Hall. A toaster in the dining hall wasn’t happy with the toast it was blackening and had created enough smoke to set off the alarm. No repentant culprits were present.
5:00 pm A student experiencing numbness and chest pain was transported by ambulance to Northfield Hospital.
Saturday, Jan. 28
1:10 am Security responded to a complaint of an unwelcome person trying to gain entry to a student-only gathering at one of the townhouses. Security and Northfield Police were unable to locate the suspect.
2:30 am Security received a report of vandalism to a vending machine in Burton Hall.
5:35 am A bag was found by Security in Sayles Great Space with a baggie of marijuana sticking out of its open top. The bag was taken to the Security office and the baggie given to the Northfield Police.
11:30 pm An ambulance transported an intoxicated student to Northfield Hospital. Northfield Police issued a citation for underage consumption.
11:50 pm Vandalism to some furniture was reported in the Evans lounge.
Sunday, Jan. 29
9:30 am Security transported a food service employee to Urgent Care for treatment of a cut finger.
8:25 pm Security transported a student to Northfield Hospital for treatment of a broomball injury.
Monday, Jan. 308:50 pm
A student came to the Security office to request a Band-Aid. Examination of his broomball injury prompted Security to issue a Band-Aid and two taxi vouchers to Northfield Hospital for treatment.
Wednesday, Feb. 1
6:15 am A room smoke detector alarm was reported in Musser Hall. No smoke. No fire. Lots of fog created by the resident’s personal humidifier.