Do you have an awesome sustainability initiative that you would like to see at Carleton? Do you want to gain experience planning and heading projects? Then you should consider applying to be a Sustainability Assistant (STA) for the 2012-13 school year!
The STA is a paid student worker position where you work on projects that need support on campus, but also have the flexibility to spearhead new initiatives that you feel strongly about working with students, faculty, and staff. Rather than a position with a fixed routine, the STA position gives you the responsibility to use your hours as required by your projects.
Some of the big projects that this year’s STAs have worked on or are working on are:
• Expanding the Community Waste Program program
• Creating a Custodial Green Team
• Working on our greenhouse gas inventory
• Updating and redoing the sustainability website
• Working on a central energy database
• Applying to the Climate Leadership Awards
• Green Wars
If any of this sounds interesting, or these initiatives inspire new ones, you should apply to be a STA!
Applications can be found on the Carleton Sustainability website and are due April 27th.