- April 2, 2016 at 11:00 am
National Public Health Week (April 3rd-10th) brings together communities across the country to celebrate health, to recognize the contributions of public health, and to highlight important health issues. Carleton and St. Olaf, through a Broadening the Bridge grant, are sponsoring a series of talks and activities on both campuses focusing on mental wellness through a public health lens.
- March 31, 2016 at 12:00 pm
The Minnesota Environments app, developed by Professor George Vrtis and Professor Chris Wells (Macalester College) in collaboration with many generous and insightful colleagues and students at Carleton, Macalester, the Minnesota Historical Society, and the Minnesota Historical and Cultural Grants Program, goes live!
- March 18, 2016 at 11:00 am
Several Carleton alumni are working in the Northfield area as community partners to CCCE programs and as employees of nonprofit organizations advocating for community education, college access, public health, and more!
- March 11, 2016 at 9:31 pm
Hannah Nayowith ’16 is one of about 36 students at Carleton who participates in a community-based work-study program, which she says has been “the highlight of my time at Carleton.”
- March 3, 2016 at 9:28 am
On Thursday, April 7 the Northfield community will gather at St. John’s Lutheran Church to discuss $2 a Day: Living on Almost Nothing in America, by Kathryn J. Edin and H. Luke Shaefer. This evening will be the culminating event of Northfield Reads, a collective initiative that brings people together to discuss the diversity within the community.
- February 23, 2016 at 4:30 pm
Professor Debby Walser Kuntz, students, and community partners collaborate to raise awareness and understanding of celiac disease in a website and public scholarship publication.
- February 8, 2016 at 3:54 pm
- February 3, 2016 at 10:53 am
- January 25, 2016 at 10:10 amCheck out our newsletter for stories about alumni, engaged scholarship, and a great introduction to the work we do in the CCCE! Click "CCCE Newsletter Fall '15" on the right to view the newsletter.
- January 20, 2016 at 10:30 am
Director of Academic Civic Engagement Dr. Falcón shares her recent experiences in Ecuador as a Fulbright Scholar.
- January 4, 2016 at 11:00 am
- December 14, 2015 at 10:00 am
Through SCOPE and other enrichment programs at the Northfield Middle School, Carleton students share their passions and learn from local students.