- October 29, 2014 at 2:46 pm
- October 28, 2014 at 2:14 pmThe triumphs of Young Chefs Faribault were highlighted on KARE 11 News last night. The segment described the creative mixing of food and fun that makes the Young Chefs program such a successful method of science education. Here is the link to the full news story: http://www.kare11.com/story/news/education/2014/10/27/carleton-college-cooking-science-faribault/18040673/
- October 28, 2014 at 1:51 pm
Students assess Carleton's institutional food purchasing.
- October 28, 2014 at 1:41 pm
Everyone can learn about the current state of Carleton's current food procurement through recently published results from last year's Real Food Calculator audit
- October 23, 2014 at 9:18 am
Biology Professor Dan Hernandez talks about his experiences with academic civic engagement and public scholarship.
- October 16, 2014 at 1:11 pm
Deborah Appleman, the Hollis L. Caswell Professor of Educational Studies, gives talk at the Minnesota Campus Compact Engaged Scholarship Series: Inside-Out Prison Engagement Models for Teaching and Learning. October 20, 2014.
This engaged scholarship series features a discussion of the Inside-Out Prison Exchange Model and other approaches that support high-impact educational experiences on both sides of the prison wall.
- October 10, 2014 at 3:56 pm
- October 10, 2014 at 3:51 pm
Constitution Day blurb
- October 9, 2014 at 4:50 pm
Lindsey Weber '16, a program director and Alternative Spring Break trip leader, talks about the Adopt-a-Grandparent program and how it benefits both the student volunteers and their "buddies" in the community.
- October 2, 2014 at 2:27 pm
Faculty from both Carleton and St. Olaf gathered Sept 12, 2014 for a workshop, Curriculum (Re)Design for Academic Civic Engagement. This workshop, the first of a joint, two-part series focused on facilitating course and project development for civic engagement was held on St. Olaf's campus. The following is a link to resources from the workshop: http://apps.carleton.edu/ccce/civic/faculty/redesign/. The second workshop in the series will be held in late October at Carleton and will focus on publication opportunities for faculty doing academic civic engagement.
- October 1, 2014 at 3:00 pm
Beret Fitzgerald talks about her experiences working with HealthFinders Collaborative, a non-profit that offers care and advocacy for people who are uninsured or underinsured in Rice County.
- September 22, 2014 at 9:03 am