- February 13, 2015 at 3:00 pm
This workshop will focus on different forms and approaches to public and civically engaged scholarship. This event is the second in a series of related workshops sponsored jointly by Carleton and St. Olaf Colleges.
- February 5, 2015 at 12:00 pm
Social Determinants of Health Amenah (Babar) Agunwamba ('05)
Faculty/Staff Public Health Seminar
Thursday, February 5th
12 to 1 PM
Amenah earned her MPH from the University of MN and then went on to get a PhD in social epidemiology from Harvard's School of Public Health. She is currently working as a research fellow in the Division of Epidemiology at the Mayo Clinic. Her talk will provide background on the social determinants of health and how that shapes public health work, and she will also present some of her research findings.
- January 30, 2015 at 6:30 pm
Tori Ostenso is the Food and Sustainability Fellow. She's been involved in many CCCE programs, serving as Gleaning program director, farm mentee, food and sustainability fellow, Young Chefs program mentor, food justice alternate spring break trip coordinator, and a Carleton student farm intern. In this profile Tori talks about the Farmer to Family program she implemented in summer 2014.
- November 23, 2014 at 5:08 pm
Bill North's Medieval History class collaborates with 4th and 5th graders from Prairie Creek Elementary school.
- November 12, 2014 at 2:31 pm
The latest post in our "Profiles of Engagement" series features Nathaniel Van Wienen '15, a program director for the Alternatives to Violence Project (AVP).
- November 6, 2014 at 9:32 am
Sophomores and a senior research team designed an air quality monitoring bike, which they use to teach middle schoolers about air pollution.
- November 5, 2014 at 1:57 pm
During an immunology course, Emily Matsuda worked on a project about celiac disease, an experience that inspired her to write and publish a children's book. Learn more about her project in our latest Profile of Engagement....
- November 3, 2014 at 4:19 pm
Latin 204 Professor Rob Hardy starts a Latin Club at Greenvale Elementary
- October 31, 2014 at 3:40 pm
Porter Truax profiles "ACE Veteran" professor Michael McNally '85.
- October 29, 2014 at 2:46 pm
- October 28, 2014 at 2:14 pmThe triumphs of Young Chefs Faribault were highlighted on KARE 11 News last night. The segment described the creative mixing of food and fun that makes the Young Chefs program such a successful method of science education. Here is the link to the full news story: http://www.kare11.com/story/news/education/2014/10/27/carleton-college-cooking-science-faribault/18040673/
- October 28, 2014 at 1:51 pm
Students assess Carleton's institutional food purchasing.