The ACLS Fellowship program invites research applications in all disciplines of the humanities and related social sciences. The ultimate goal of the project should be a major piece of scholarly work by the applicant. ACLS does not fund creative work (e.g., novels or films), textbooks, straightforward translation, or pedagogical projects. The ACLS Fellowships are intended as salary replacement to help scholars devote six to twelve continuous months to full-time research and writing. ACLS Fellowships are portable and are tenable at the fellow's home institution, abroad, or at another appropriate site for research. An ACLS Fellowship may be held concurrently with other fellowships and grants and any sabbatical pay, up to an amount equal to the candidate's current academic year salary. Tenure of the fellowship may begin no earlier than July 1, 2013 and no later than February 1, 2014.
- Maximum awards:
- $65,000 for full Professor and equivalent
- $45,000 for Associate Professor and equivalent
- $35,000 for Assistant Professor and equivalent
- Tenure: six to twelve consecutive months devoted to full-time research, to be initiated between July 1, 2013 and February 1, 2014
- Completed applications must be submitted through the ACLS Online Fellowship Application system (ofa.acls.org) no later than 9 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time, October 2, 2012.
- Notifications will be sent by late February 2013.