Events & Workshops
What's coming up in the GEI at Carleton? There are many projects afoot, but we are currently reflecting on the results of last year's intensive planning activities.
If you'd like more information about those activities, check out the GEI report, available from the steering committee. For a quick survey of last year's activities, see below:
- April 9, 2011: GEI faculty workshop (contact email@example.com for details)
- April 12, 2011: GEI Learning and Teaching Center panel (Scott Carpenter, Katie Ryor, Sigi Leonhard)
- April, 2011: Visit by Maryse Condé (co-sponsored)
- May 4-5, 2011: visit by Sebastian Meyer ('02), international photographer
- December 13-14, 2010: Faculty Workshop on campus.
- November 29-December 1, 2010: Faculty Seminar in Copenhagen, Denmark, with DIS.
- November 4-5, 2010: Jeffrey Cason, Dean of International Programs (Middlebury College) comes to campus (watch for public talk and other events).
- Sept.-October: GEI Reading Group. Faculty are invited to come together to read and discuss essays about the relationship between off-campus studies and curriculum.
- Sept. 7, 2010: Faculty Retreat. We launch the campus discussion in breakout sessions.