Data from Minnesota State and Local Governments
Minnesota Geographic Data Clearinghouse
This is a gateway to Minnesota GIS Data. It provides an overview of Minnesota GIS data and related resources.
- The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources (DNR) GIS Data Deli
- The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources (DNR) FTP site for FEMA floodplain data
- The Minnesota Department of Transportation (DOT) GIS Base Map Datafiles
The Minnesota State Legislature Geographic Information Services
Election results can be found here.
- The Minnesota Department of Administration Land Management Information Center (LMIC) GIS Data
A one-stop-shop for discovering geospatial data pertaining to the seven county Minneapolis-St. Paul area.
Note that Carleton is licensed for the MetroGIS parcel and street centerline data. These two datasets have been downloaded and stored at the gisvol M:\GIS\GISdata\USA\States\MN\Metro We cannot redistribute these data to people outside Carleton College. Please read data license agreements that can be found in the folders where the datasets reside.
- The Minnesota Department of Administration land Management Information Center Geospatial Image Server (WMS). How to use this service:
- The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources (DNR) GIS Data Deli Web Services (WMS, WFS). How to use this service:
- Dakota County WMS Service URL: http://gis.co.dakota.mn.us/dakwms.asp?
Most of the Minnesota state and local governments, e.g. Rice County, Dakota Count, City of Northfield, are willing to provide Carleton College GIS data for teaching and research purposes. Wei-Hsin Fu (x5733, email@example.com) can help you with the data inquiry, request, and acquisition.