Faculty Websites, Books, Etc.
- Afropop Radio program: Mali: A History in Music, narrated by Professor Cherif Keita.
- The Music of Mali, special interview and photographs of Mali featuring Professor Keita.
- Perspectives of Nigeria, photographic journey, recorded interviews, and video performances in Nigeria, website of Thabiti Willis.
- Braided Lives, multicultural literature anthology published by the Minnesota Humanities Commission.
- Reading for Themselves: How to Transform Adolescents into Lifelong Readers Through Out-of-Class Book Clubs
- Coauthor of Teaching Literature to Adolescents with Richard Beach, Susan Hynds, and Jeffrey Wilhelm
- Critical Encounters in High School English: Teaching Literary Theory to Adolescents
- Plundered Kitchens, Empty Wombs
- Collective Memory and Reproduction in Africa, International Africa Institute
- "Urbanites and Urban Villagers: Comparing 'Home' among Elite and Non-Elite Bamileke Women's Hometown Associations," with Cameroonian colleague, Flavien Tiokou Ndonko, in Africa: Journal of the International Africa Institute. Part of a themed half-issue on rethinking the politics of belonging.
- Massa Makan Diabaté (L'Harmattan)
- Salif Keita: L'oiseau sur le fromager (Le figuier)
- Salif Keïta: l’ambassadeur de la musique du Mali (Paris: Grandvaux)
- Book in progress: In the Shadow of Salvation: Sufis, Salafis and the Project of Late Islamism in Contemporary Sudan.
- The Bondsman’s Burden
- Also: "The Economics of Slavery" in Encyclopedia of Law and Economics
- Chapter: "Dred, Panic, War: How a Slave Case Triggered Financial Crisis and Civil Disunion," in forthcoming issue of U.S. Capitol Historical Society Papers (Ohio University Press).
- Chapter: “The Economic History of Slavery” in the Handbook of Modern Economic History
- “Give Lincoln Credit: How Paying for the Civil War Transformed the U.S. Financial System”
- “Blacks, Whites, and Brown: Effects on the Earnings of Men and Their Sons”
- “Edith Wharton as Economist: An Economic Interpretation of The House of Mirth and The Age of Innocence”
- “New Wine in an Old Bottle: How Minnesota’s Receivership Statute Can Promote Both Efficiency and Equity”
- “Stay East, Young Man? Economic Effects of the Dred Scott Decision”
- Chapter “We Are Coming, Father Abraham, But How Will You Pay For Us?" in the forthcoming issue of U.S. Capitol Historical Society Papers
- Book in progress: In Essentials, Unity: An Economic History of the Granger Movement
- Books in progress:
- When Black is Right: A Life of George S. Schuyler
- Skeptical Rascals: The H.L. Mencken and George S. Schuyler Correspondence
- 2008 Cemetery stories - A rebel missionary in South Africa: Le réalisateur, universitaire Ouest-Africain qui réside aux USA, nous emmène dans son voyage s'étalant huit ans autour de deux familles. Ce sont les W [...]
- 2006 Oberlin-Inanda : The life and Times of John Dube Biographie de John L. Dube (1871-1946), éducateur, musicien, journaliste, homme d'église, politicien, et co-fondateur de l'African National Congress ( [...](Villon Films).
- co-authored videotape on the Medieval Monastery