Digital Archiving of Comps
Carleton has instituted a College-wide policy to create an electronic archive of all comps. This archive is password-protected and is only available to Carleton faculty members.
To archive your comps, you simply need to create a PDF version of your final paper and upload it. Directions and a submission form can be found on the Gould Library website.
Here are some things you will need for your submission:
- PDF version of your file.
- The name of the file has to be in the following format: "username_YYYY_deptcode.pdf" So an example for Biology would be "mmckone_2013_BIOL.pdf".
- The username is the one used for your Carleton e-mail address.
- You will need to think up some keywords. These can include words in the title as well as any other descriptors might be helpful for a search. If you need some help, consider using keywords that appear in some of your most influential papers.
- The submission form asks for an Abstract, but we have decided that Bio comps will not have an Abstract, so you can leave this blank.