Digital Archiving of Comps
Carleton has instituted a College-wide policy to create an electronic archive of all comps. This archive is password-protected and is only available to Carleton faculty members.
To archive your comps, you simply need to create a PDF version of your final paper and upload it. Directions and a submission form can be found on the Gould Library website.
Here are some things you will need for your submission:
- PDF version of your file.
- The name of the file has to be in the following format: "username_YYYY_deptcode.pdf" So an example for Biology would be "mmckone_2016_BIOL.pdf".
- The username is the one used for your Carleton e-mail address.
- You will need to think up some keywords. These can include words in the title as well as any other descriptors might be helpful for a search. If you need some help, consider using keywords that appear in some of your most influential papers.
- The submission form asks for an Abstract, but we have decided that Bio comps will not have an Abstract, so you can leave this blank.
- Any comps documents that are submitted without complete identifying information will not be archived!
Gould Library Comps Collection. The Carleton faculty would like to make all comps papers in every department accessible electronically. However, the Gould Library only has your e-comps if you sent it to them and submitted a permission form. See: http://apps.carleton.edu/campus/library/now/news/?story_id=520612 click on the Archiving Student Work: Individual Submission Form (bottom right corner of page, top choice). For info, contact: Carol Eyler, Librarian, email@example.com.