Guide for English Majors
- Chair: Kofi Owusu
- Professors Emeriti: Vern D.Bailey, Wayne Carver, Keith Harrison, James McDonnell, Frank Morral, Edward Sostek, Robert Tisdale, John Woodruff
- Professors: Nancy Cho, Gregory G. Hewett, Susan Jaret McKinstry, Michael J. Kowalewski, Elizabeth McKinsey, Kofi Owusu, Timothy Raylor, Gregory Blake Smith, Constance H. Walker
- Associate Professors: Peter Balaam, Adriana Estill, Jessica Leiman, George G. Shuffelton
- Assistant Professors: Arnab Chakladar, Pierre Hecker,
- Visiting Instructor: Douglas C. McGill
- Senior Lecturers: Elizabeth Ciner, Carol Rutz
The English Department has been in the process of significantly changing the structure of Carleton's major in English and its requirements for graduation. The new major is now in place.
Because the College requires that the rules and regulations for graduating with a major in any department must remain the same from the time a student declares a major to that student's graduation, last year the English Department had two "tracks" to completing the major. The old requirements applied to the Class of 2011; the new requirements applied to the Class of 2012 and beyond. Below is the link to the page of requirements that now apply to all English Majors.
Majors in the Classes of 2012 and 2013 will make the transition from the old system to the new with the help of their English Department advisors. Courses that they took because they were required in the old system will be "translated" into courses in the new system. No English Major will be left behind.