***Attention Class of 2016****
Thinking of majoring in ENTS?
Please note that we are adding a couple new major requirements: Students who declare ENTS in 2014 and beyond will have to take Principles of Microeconomics (ECON 111), and BOTH Intro to GIS (ENTS 120) and Statistics (MATH 215) (instead of just one or the other).
Have questions? Contact Kim Smith, Director of ENTS (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The central mission of Carleton’s Environmental Studies Program is to educate the next generation of environmental scholars and professionals in the fundamental scientific, ecological, social, ethical, political, and economic forces that govern environmental issues and the long-term quality and viability of society.
What is the Environmental Studies Program?
The Environmental Studies program brings faculty and students together from a broad range of academic departments and backgrounds to address the scientific, economic, ethical, social, political, historical and aesthetic dimensions of the environment. This truly integrated, multidisciplinary commitment emphasizes not only critical thinking, but also hands-on laboratory and field research reaching across all divisions of the College. It values and facilitates opportunities for research projects, internships and other work experiences, and off-campus studies.
This interdisciplinary major emphasizes
- critical thinking and information literacy
- communication and collaborative work
- problem-oriented, service learning and civic engagement projects
- place-based learning
- internships and other work experiences
- off-campus studies programs
- All about the ENTS program, including requirements for the major and information about off-campus study programs
- An overview of the Environmental Studies major
- Information about our faculty and staff.
- A calendar of events for the Environmental Studies Program.
- View ENTS courses by term or course number.
- Information to assist your search for internships, jobs, off-campus programs and graduate schools.
- Information for new students considering a major in Environmental Studies.
- This is the link you need to requests funds from the Environmental Studies Program.
- Department news, student projects, and links to ENTS-related information at Carleton and beyond.
- Contains general guidelines for choosing a graduate program.