Mountains of recyclable materials in a recycling yard in Dayton, OH.
1. Alumni Directory!!!! There is not a list of job openings on this site but this is the single most useful way to find information on careers in environmental engineering (and all other disciplines). Simply log in with your Carleton user name and password and type in the job you want to look up in the "Job Title" field. Hit search and set out to contact those friendly alumni.You'd be surprised how many people reply you back.
2. The Tunnel. Database with jobs and internships posted to the Carleton College.
3. Carleton Career Center Webpage. Carleton's own Career Center has a variety of general database links, application tips, and loads of adivises available.
Environmental Engineering Job Listing
1. American Academy of Environmental Engineers (AAEE) Career Center. AAEE is a society of professional engineers who have demonstrated special expertise in environmental engineering beyond that normally required for professional practice. The website hosts a career center where you can search for environmental engineering jobs without registering.
2. Association of Environmental Engineers and Science Professors (AEESP). This private non profit organization is made up of professors in the field of environmental engineering and science around the world. The website also lists jobs that may be of potential interest to the environmental engineering and science academic community.
3. environmental engineer.com. You have to create a free account in order to search for environmental engineering jobs on this site.
4. Environmental Career Opportunity has a list of environmental science and engineering jobs as well as other environment-related ones.
5. EnvironmentalCareer.com. This is the first environmental jobs service on the web -- launched on Earth Day 1995. You have to create a free account to use the job search function. Once you have logged in, you can search using “Environmental Engineering” as a “Job Category”.
6. EnvironmentalChemistry.com. This site lists environmental engineering jobs in the US, UK, and Canada. Use the navigation system on the right to look for the lists.
7. Earthworks-jobs.com. This page has a short list of jobs in Contaminated Land, Remediation, Restoration and Environmental Engineering. On other parts of the website there are lists of jobs in other specific environment-related areas.
8. Greenopolis. Greenopolis is an online community for those who are trying to live a more environmentally friendly lifestyle. The website also hosts a job opening searching page.
General Environment-Related Job Listing
1. EJobs links to environmental jobs in the USA and Canada. Employment includes: environmental engineers, nature and wetlands scientists, GIS, technicians, environmental law, chemists, geologists / geotechnical, environmental policy, & conservation.
2. Environmental Careers Bulletin On-Line You need to create a free account before searching. After registering, you can search by discipline and geographical location, and receive e-mailed listing.
3. Green Dream Job has entry-level, as well as mid- and executive-level positions posted through the Sustainable Business Network website.
4. Cyber-Sierra's Natural Resource Job Search. This site itself does not have a long list of job openings. However, it provides excellent links to other environmental job resources on the Web.
Also, many environmental organizations and companies list current employment openings on their home page. If you have one or more specific institutes in mind, go to their websites and search for job openings or internship opportunities.