Harry Williams: Publications
- "Common Criminals or Portraits of Dissent?: Mug Shots from the Montgomery Bus Boycott 1955-56" https://apps.carleton.edu/campus/library/now/exhibits/pastexhibits/exhibits2006/
- "Contemplating James Baldwin: Language, Courage, and Tenderness, April 13-19, 2008" https://apps.carleton.edu/events/baldwin/
- "'Understanding the Bag the Cat Is In': Fathers and Sons in Richard Wright's 'Black Boy.'" Journal of African-American Men Studies, Fall 1995.
- "Why George Schuyler Disliked the Sobriquet 'The Negro's Mencken': A Note on 'Racial' Sensitivity," Menckeniana, Summer 1994.
- Journal of Southern History
- Minnesota Monthly
- Civil War History
Scholarship Under Way
- Research into the connections of the American Black Panther Party and Maoist China, including Chinese representations of blackness.
- "Of Hidden Transcripts and Masks of Deception: Toward an Understanding of George Schuyler's Black Conservatism"
- "Berlin's Poster Boy: George Schuyler and the American Committee for Cultural Freedom"
- Intellectual biography of George S. Schuyler (under revision for submission to a publisher)
- "Skeptical Rascals: The H.L. Mencken and George S. Schuyler Correspondence" (in process of collecting, researching, and annotating)