Seungjoo Yoon: Publications
- Current Major Projects: “The Reference News and the origins of the New China News Agency, 1940-1955” (a journal article in preparation) and “Sovereign States in the Making: The East Asian Phase, 1630-1800,” (a journal article in preparation)
- 2005 Commissioners, Communication and Confucian Commitment: Zhang Zhidong and the Rise of Modern Press in China, 1880-1910 (600-page manuscript under review at Harvard’s Asia Center)
- 2003 “Zhang Zhidong and his Commissioners-In Search of an Interstitial Bureaucracy” Proceedings of the international conference commemorating the centennial of Zhang Zhidong’s Reforms, Wuhan, People's Republic of China (in Chinese) (Wuhan University Press)
- 2002 “Literati Journalists of the Chinese Progress (Shiwu bao) in Discord, 1896-98,” Rethinking the 1898 Reform Period: Political and Cultural Change in Late Qing China edited by Rebecca Karl and Peter Zarrow, Harvard University.
- 1993 “The Green Gang Nexus in the Shanghai General Labor Union, 1920-27,” Papers in Chinese History, Vol. 2, Fairbank Center, Harvard University.
- 1992 “Hsieh Ts'an-T'ai's Abortive Uprising of 1903: A Case for the Rise of Non-Gentry Social Elite in Late Ch'ing Coastal China,” Papers on Chinese History, Vol. 1, No. 1., Fairbank Center, Harvard University.
- 1989 “Revisiting the Peaceful Resolution of the Xi'an Incident in 1936,” Seoul National University Papers on Asian History, No. 13 (in Korean)