These links have information and resources to enhance your language study.
- http://www.lingro.com -- a free multilingual instant search dictionary and language learning web site. (Paste in the URL of a newspaper and each word in the text becomes clickable and gives access to its dictionary. The site supports the following languages: Spanish, French, German, Italian, Chinese, Portuguese, Polish, Swedish, Russian, Dutch, Chinese)
- http://www.unilang.org -- Free courses, podcasts, videos, phrasebooks, games and exercises in many languages (Check under "courses" for instruction on both common and less taught languages e.x. Lakota.) Note: ASL resources are listed under "Handspeak"
- http://www.dialang.org/intro.htm-- Link to DIALANG language assessment system, a free tool to assist language learners in measuring their progress in reading, writing, listening, and mastering grammar and vocabulary NOTE: This link is currently down. The website is being rebuilt. We are not sure when it will be avaliable, but you can download the client software to your PC from the following link: http://www.lancs.ac.uk/researchenterprise/dialang/about
- http://www.openculture.com/2006/10/foreign_languag.html -- Links to various language learning sites. e.x. U.S. Peace Corps Arabic Lessons
- http://www.lifeclever.com/learn-35-languages-for-free-in-itunes/ -- Provides links to free Itunes Podcast feeds
- http://forvo.com/ -- Has pronunciation examples for many different languages.
- http://www.bbc.co.uk/languages/other/quickfix/ -- Basic Phrases in 36 languages.
- http://lingro.com -- Reading aid for foreign language pages.