Pre-Departure Information and Meetings
**All participants are responsible for reviewing the items below and acting on any necessary document prior to departure.**
1. Seminar specific: MANDATORY Orientation Retreat:
Saturday, May 9
10:00 am - 1:00 pm (approx.)
Alumni Guest House
2. OCS Health & Safety meeting. MANDATORY.
You must choose one of the two times to attend:
Tuesday, April 14, 12-1, LDC 104
Wednesday, May 13, 4:30-5:30, Boliou 104
1. Health Assessment form due: Tuesday, May 5, 2009
Have your health care provider or Travel Clinic at home during spring break complete your Health Assessment Form (provided in your OCS acceptance packet but also available on the OCS website as a “Related Document:” http://apps.carleton.edu/curricular/ocs/forms/) and receive all the necessary immunizations. Student Health and Counseling will not be able to provide these services to you on campus this spring. If you don't make the necessary arrangements during break, you will be directed to Northfield Hospital Family Health Clinic, Mayo Clinic, or Park Nicollet in the Cities.
If you go to the Northfield Hospital Family Health Clinic, you must bring the following to your appointments:
- Vaccination Records.
- Itinerary of your trip, including places you will stay, and length of stay.
Act on and/or follow-up on any items required (e.g. immunizations, other appointments…)
NB: you must have health insurance which covers you at the program site. If you do not know whether you are covered, contact your insurance company. If you are not covered in any way, or in a way which does not meet your needs, you can look into the insurance provided through Carleton (go to the Student Health and Counseling) or you can look at insurance provided by a company such as CISI
2. Passport – check to see that it is 1) valid for six months beyond the time you expect to return to the U.S., and 2) you have signed your passport
3. Copies of passport - Please scan your passport and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 5, 2009. If you are unable to scan your passport for whatever reason, make two (2) copies of your passport and bring them into the OCS office, Leighton 119.
4. Carleton Policies, etc. You are responsible for reading this web page and the “Related Documents” on the right hand side of it:
5. Pre-departure information – to be completed by May 5, 2009. Found at:
6. Airline Ticket – you are responsible for getting your own ticket. You can do so online at sites like:
(Bee Vang is a Carleton alum who has a good site which searches the top 200-300 travel sites for fares.)
7. Sign up for E-check
Later this term, you will receive your advance food and miscellaneous expense allowance for the Spanish Seminar in Madrid.
Here is how to authorize your direct deposit (have your checkbook handy):
- Log into The Hub.
- Select the Students menu and Reimbursement Bank Account.
- Carefully, enter your bank account information. The routing number is the first set of digits and the account number is the second set of digits. Please be sure to use the numbers from an actual check and not a deposit slip.
- Read and agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- Click SUBMIT.
This authorization will be effective upon receipt and remain in effect while you are a student at Carleton College. With Student Self Service, you have the ability to view and change your bank information on The Hub at any time.