Moscow and Beyond
- June 6, 2012 at 9:00 amEvia discusses the role of horses in Buryatia, both past and present.
- June 4, 2012 at 10:09 amMary explores abandoned buildings in the border town of Kyakhta. (Images load slowly! Be patient!)
- June 2, 2012 at 9:05 am
A snapshot of the festivities on Russia's biggest state holiday.
- June 2, 2012 at 8:21 amEvia and Sophie discuss their first sighting of Lake Baikal, the properties that make it special, and the dangers it currently faces.
- June 2, 2012 at 8:20 am
Yasha and Sophia trace the footsteps of characters in Bulgakov's famous novel.
- June 2, 2012 at 6:26 amEvia and Mary explore the resting sites of some of Russia's most famous authors, politicians, and artists.
- June 2, 2012 at 2:24 am
We’re standing at the foot of one of the golden griffons that hold up the Bank Bridge. Below us, a skeletal man makes his way on the frozen Griboedev canal…
- June 2, 2012 at 12:27 amDanielle and Sophia discuss their experience seeing a performance at Buryat State Philharmonic.
- June 1, 2012 at 7:35 am
Leaf and Kyohei discuss a ceramics master class with local Baikal artists.
- June 1, 2012 at 7:08 amMichael, Sophia, and Danielle discuss how Shamanism, Buddhism, and Christianity have merged in Buryatia.
- June 1, 2012 at 6:45 am
The group finally meets a shaman in Baikal! Mara and Dylan give their impressions.
- June 1, 2012 at 1:21 am
A Sibiryak? He’s strong. He’s got a beard, and big shoulders, like this! He can kill a bear just with a knife. Women love him! And he loves women!...A Muscovite will smile, and all the while he hates you. We just say what we think.