Integrating OCS into Academic/Career/Life planning
The following resources can help you plan your own next steps:
Many comps papers have been influenced by an off-campus studies experience. This handout contains tips on how to develop work done on OCS into comps.
Discover Your Value blog by Michael Edmonson
Based on The ABCs of Marketing Yourself: A Workbook for College Students, this 14-part blog covers challenges that all college students face when entering the workforce and offers concrete suggestions to
Assess your personal and professional skills,
Brand yourself , and
Communicate your brand in a consistent, compelling, and concise manner.
This publication contains numerous resources on finding international employment, volunteering overseas, and travel.
International employment guide contains country-specific information on work abroad. Available with Carleton NetID on the Career Center website.
This guide provides students with a framework to understand the impact and value of study abroad for their career development.
This website contains a wealth of resources for work and volunteer abroad, graduate school, teaching abroad, financing, and conferences and events.
- Questions to ask yourself when selecting a program
- Program Features
- Resources to consult when choosing an OCS program
- Pre-Departure Checklist for Carleton Programs
- Pre-Departure Video and Checklist for non-Carleton Programs
- Program Evaluation
- Transitioning back to the United States & Carleton
- Going Abroad Again
- Integrating OCS into Academic/Career/Life planning