Department and Program Assessment Processes
- Identify groups of students your program/department serves;
- Compose a simple statement about the most important (two or three) student learning outcomes for each of these student groups;
- Develop a (short) list of the characteristics (in student work of all Carleton College kinds) that show you that students have met these important goals;
- Decide on an assessment measure for each characteristic;
- Collect artifacts - evidence of learning;
- Review results;
- Plan for use of each of the assessment results; create multi-year timeline for doing the assessments.