Grading & Credit
- Grading is done by the faculty member at the end of every term; grades are submitted online on the HUB. Lead student instructors are required to return their attendance roster to Linda Luedke by the end of Week 10. Club sports captains are required to turn in their grades to Aaron Chaput by the end of Week 10.
- Head coaches give their varsity athletes one PE credit ("S" for Satisfactory or "N" for no credit) for each year they are a member of the varsity team by the end of Week 10 of their season.
- Students are only allowed to receive one PE credit per term unless they petition the PE curriculum coordinator and receive approval.
- Taking attendance is required for all credit/no credit classes.
- Students are only allowed to miss 2 classes out of the 18 to receive credit.
- Students are allowed to receive PE credit for the same class only twice while at Carleton.
- Students who are physically unable to participate in or finish class because of an injury, should contact Gerald Young, the PEAR Department Chair for further requirements.
- Student instructors will receive their class roster from Linda Luedke by Week 1 and for grading purposes by Week 8 of classes. They may use Moodle to access class rosters and send distribution emails. Student instructors are required to return their attendance roster to Linda by the end of Week 10.
- Club sport captains will receive their team rosters from Aaron Chaput by Week 1, and for grading purposes by Week 8 of classes.Captains are required to return this roster to Aaron by end of Week 10.
- All grades are due by Week 10.
NEW! Club Sport Credit
- Classes of 2011, 2012 and 2013
- Current sport club PE structure applies. Club participants may receive up to 2 of their PE credit requirement by participating in their respective sport club.
- Class of 2014 (incoming freshman)
- Incoming Freshman SPORT CLUB members are eligible to receive all 4 of their PE credits by participating in a Sport Club eligible for credit beginning in the 2010-2011 academic school year.
- Requirements of PE credit clubs
- Must have an instructional component
- Must regularly meet
- 3 times per week recommended (min. of 18 times per term)
- Minimum of 8 student participants
*** 0 credit clubs can petition to receive PE credit once 2 years of the above requirements are met.
*** Clubs must choose 1 term to offer credit each academic year (Fall, Winter, or Spring).
*** During off season terms, all clubs must uphold policies and paperwork as required by the Sport Club office.
- 4 credit clubs
- Alpine Ski, CUT, Cycling, Eclipse, Field Hockey ,GOP, Ice Hockey (Men’s and Women’s), Lacrosse (Men’s and Women’s), Nordic Ski, Rugby (Men’s and Women’s), Sailing, Synchronized Swimming, Syzygy, Tennis, Men’s Volleyball, Water Polo.
- 0 credit clubs
- Equestrian, Table Tennis, Badminton
- The following clubs work in conjunction with the affiliated PE class and can serve as make-up classes if chosen so by the PE Instructor:
- Aikido, Karate, Tae Kwon Do, and Fencing.
- Only one credit may be earned each academic year; this means an individual cannot claim a fall and spring season sport as two credits within the same year.
- Club members may not claim a club sport PE credit in the same term if they are also enrolled in a PE class.
- Club members are responsible for registering for their club at the same time as they register for their term classes AND informing captains that they are eligible for PE credit. This can be done online or via Drop/Add cards at the beginning of the term.
- Those who wish to receive credit must properly register, as going back to retro-actively request credit from a previous term is not an option.
- **Captains will receive a class roster list that must record all practices attended (minimum of 16) to earn the PE credit. The roster must be signed by the captain at the end of the term and indicate which students meet the minimum requirements of attendance. The roster should be sent to the Sport Clubs Director at the Recreation Center.