Studying Abroad and Majoring in Philosophy
While the philosophy department does not run any off-campus study programs, philosophy majors routinely spend a term, or more, off-campus as part of Carleton and non-Carleton programs. Indeed, our current Student Departmental Adviser has been off-campus 3 times (to London, Israel and China)! Other majors from the past five years have gone to:
- Mexico (University of Guadalajara)
- Namibia (Round River Namibia)
- The Czech Republic (Czech Arts & Social Change)
- Denmark (Denmark International Study Program)
- Germany (Carleton German Program in Berlin)
- Norway (Scandinavian Urban Studies Oslo)
- Sri Lanka (Inter-Collegiate Sri Lanka Program)
- Greece (Arcadia University)
- Scotland (University of Stirling)
- Guatemala (Socio-Cultural Field Research Seminar)
- Ireland (Carleton Irish Literature and Culture Program)
- France (Parsons, Paris), India (ACM India Studies)
- England (University College London).
If you have any questions about studying off campus as a philosophy major, feel free to talk to any of the faculty – who can put you in touch with current majors that have gone off-campus – or to the OCS office.
You might also want to look at the OCS program browser, which can tell you what philosophy-specific OCS programs are available.