What: An unpaid summer internship as a research assistant in an Alzheimer’s research laboratory.
Where: The Alzheimer’s Research Center at Regions Hospital in St. Paul, MN, a part of the HealthPartners Research Foundation.
Who: This internship is designed for undergraduate students who want research experience before applying to medical, dental, or graduate school. There are typically 3-5 interns accepted to the program each summer, depending on project availability.
When: Summer. Start and end-dates are flexible, as are weekly hours, but interns should be prepared to work ~30- 40 hr/wk during normal business hours.
Why: This internship is designed to be a mutually beneficial experience. The research lab gets help with research projects. Interns get:
- The experience of working and learning in a research lab (scientific process)
- To contribute to knowledge about Alzheimer’s disease
- A broader understanding of what it is to be in the scientific community
- To be a team member on a research project
- Potential for co-authorship on a publication
- Free parking and free daily lunch at the hospital cafeteria!
How: Send a cover letter and resume to Jared.M.Fine@HealthPartners.com by March 28, 2012. Include career goals, why you want toz
serve as an intern, relevant coursework, available summer hours, and high school and college GPA. A phone interview and references may be
required. Decisions will be made by April 20, 2012.