Spring Office Hours
Tuesday 3:00 - 4:30
- AFAM 130: African American Social Movements
- AFAM 230: The Black Middle Class
- SOAN 115: Inequality in American Society
- SOAN 139: Society and Social Problems
- SOAN 227: Masculinity, Gender and Difference
- SOAN 272: Race and Ethnicity
- SOAN 283: Immigration and Immigrants in Europe and the U.S.
Daniel Williams, Visiting Assistant Professor, recently completed his PhD in Sociology at the University of Maryland-College Park, in 2011. His research interests are in race and ethnicity, citizenship and immigration, and discourse and culture, all in global-comparative perspective. His dissertation examined recent transformations in citizenship laws in Germany and their relationship to immigrants’ understandings of national belonging and becoming citizens. He earned previous degrees at Northwestern University (B.A.) and the University of Minnesota (M.A., Public Policy), where he pursued similar interests.