SCHS INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
The SCHS offers an intensive hands-on internship program to college students to gain practical experience in a local history museum. Interns must be either undergraduate or graduate students with some background or interest in history, museum studies, and/or education. Applicants should be enthusiastic, creative, and have strong written and oral communication skills. Interning at SCHS will give students a great introduction to the field of local history and non-profit work, and will help build contacts and personal interests.
Summer 2012 Internship - The SCHS seeks interns for summer 2012 to assist in a number of museum projects.
TWO Exhibit interns
- Research, design, install offsite exhibits, and research and write wall text for an exhibit on Medicine
- Update Africa gallery (research/write labels, choose artifacts, prepare and install artifacts, de-install much of the current displays, make labels/enlarge photos as needed, etc.)
ONE Program Intern
- Deliver hands-on programs at various libraries, design and implement interactive "photo-booth" at SCHS annual County Fair booth, assist program manager with various summer programs, and assist in the administration of annual Hangar Dance fundraiser.
ONE Education Intern
- Assist with the analysis of teacher surveys / focus groups, and development of pilot educational programs for K12 students.
ONE Social Media - Marketing Intern
- Work with program manager to develop general social media plan (including Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, Linked in, QR codes...). Research and create profiles based on historical characters for use in social media components. Work with executive director to develop a draft marketing plan.
- Interns will assist in other areas of museum work, including public programs, exhibibition development and publicity.
To apply, send resume, letter of interest and two references to Kathleen Klehr, Executive Director, Scott County Historical Society, 235 Fuller St. S., Shakopee, MN 55379 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions call 952-445-0378 Deadline for summer internships is April 15, 2012. Summer internships are for the full three months (June, July, August).
For more information, please visit our website at: http://scottcountyhistory.org/volunteer_opportunities.html