Costume Rental Policy
1. Carleton’s Department of Theater and Dance rents costumes to Carleton Students for the following activities:
- Campus Theater productions (ETB, SMuT, Improv Groups, etc.)
- Campus Dance productions
- Student organizations producing a skit, film, or presentation
- Classroom presentations or skits
2. Costumes CANNOT be rented for social events such as dances, parties, receptions or Halloween.
3. Costumes may only be rented during posted rental hours or by appointment. For an appointment call the costume shop, x4472, the costume designer’s office/voicemail 222-7536 or email email@example.com.
4. All costumes for an event/production/project must be signed out by either the director or costume designer of the project. DO NOT send individual participants/actors to choose their own costumes. Only one person per production/project may sign out costumes.
5. The renter's college-issued ID number will be recorded and their account will be charged for any lost or damaged items, and:
- There is a cleaning fee for costumes that require dry cleaning. Launderable costumes will be cleaned by the costume shop free of charge.
- Extra fees will be charged for any pantyhose (since these are ‘disposable’ and thrown away after they have been used, there is a fee for them), fur or leather rentals.
6. Costumes may not be rented for a period longer than 4 WEEKS. A late fee will be incurred for costumes out longer than 4 weeks. All costumes must be returned during posted rental hours.
For rental information contact Mary Ann Kelling at 222-7536 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Rental Hours for Fall 2015:
- Monday 10:00 am - 3:30 pm
- Tuesday 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Wednesday 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Thursday 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Friday 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- Most Saturdays and Sundays 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm but please email Mary Ann (email@example.com) to set up a weekend appointment or call the shop at (507) 222-4472 to make sure the shop is staffed.
All costume rentals must be returned by the last day of class for the term and your account will be charged a replacement fee for any costumes that have not been returned by the deadline.