General Reference Links
- Cybergrrl produces female-friendly sites, and gets together with groups that have publications and information for girls/women. They also have lots of links.
- Check out the Electronic Frontier Foundation's archive of Gender Issues in Net Culture
- This is FeMiNa, the first comprehensive WWW based directory and information resource containing information exclusively for and about women and girls online.
- The Social Science Information Gateway offers a variety of feminist resources in the UK.
- The WWWomen Web Ring home page was developed to link women's content on the web on a virtual online tour.
- 4000 Years of Women in Science takes a biographical look at women's contributions to science.
- The American Association of University Women (AAUW) is a national organization that promotes education and equity for all women and girls.
- The Association for Women in Science works for equity for women in science and technology.
- The Atlanta Reproductive Health Center's homepage. Dr. Perloe provides you with accurate information in areas of womens' health including: infertility, IVF, endometriosis, contraception, sexually transmitted disease, menopause, stress management and PMS.
- The Canadian Women's Health Network has a vast list of women's health links, as well as addressing hot topics in women's health.
- A Celebration of Women Writers provides a comprehensive listing of links to biographical and bibliographical information about women writers, and complete published books written by women.
- Diotima is a page of materials for the study of women and gender in the Ancient World. It's pretty cool.
- The Echo Website. Echo is a women-owned and operated Internet provider/bbs based in NYC. And they have a great link to the Women and Performance homepage.
- Feminist Collections: A Quarterly of Women's Studies Resources contains news of the latest print and audiovisual resources for research and teaching in women's studies.
- The Feminist Majority Foundation engages in research and public policy development, public education programs, grassroots organizing projects, leadership training and development programs, and participates in and organizes forums on issues of women's equality and empowerment.
- Gender Equity in Sports is a research project at the University of Iowa.
- Gender Issues Directory is an electronic archive on women and computing at CPSR meant to be a resource which can play a part in a mentoring system to help support women who want to enter into computer-related fields.
- Global Fund for Women (GFW) is an international organization which focuses on female human rights. It supports issues as diverse as literacy, domestic violence, economic autonomy, and the international trafficking of women, among others.
- Making Face, Making Soul is a Chicana feminist homepage that provides an introduction to Chicana/Chicano cultures and issues in Chicana feminisms through a collection of educational, cultural, and political resources.
- The Society of Women Engineers
- Violence at Abortion Clinics contains resources, facts, and suggestions for combatting anti-choice violence at women's clinics.
- Women in Cinema is a reference guide at the University of Virginia.
- The Women's Sports Page is an index of links to womens' and girls' sports pages.
- Women in Technology International (WITI) is a professional association of women representing diverse backgrounds, positions and disciplines working in and for technology organizations, academia and governmental agencies.
- Here is a collection of resources regarding Women in the Military.
- Women Leaders Online (WLO) is an organization dedicated to mobilizing women over the Internet, empowering women politically and stopping the anti-women agenda of the Radical Right.
Links at Other Universities
- The Caltech Women's Center works to support the central mission of the California Institute of Technology, which is to promote the education and development of all scientists and engineers.
- Center for the American Woman and Politics (CAWP) at Rutgers University is a university-based research, education and public service center. Its mission is to promote greater understanding and knowledge about women's relationship to politics and government and to enhance women's influence and leadership in public life.
- Women's Resources Project at UNC offers an extensive list of links regarding everything from women in art and history to sexuality, biographies, and more.
- Yahoo has a good list of Women's Studies programs at various universities and colleges -- especially the Schlesinger Library at Radcliffe and the University of Wisconsin Women's Studies Librarian's Office.
- Women's Studies Programs, a site maintained by the University of Maryland, contains a list with links to Women's Studies programs, departments, and research centers.
- Smith College
- Women's Studies Grad Work Discussion, a listserv that posts discussions of grad work in women's studies.
- National Women's Studies Association (NWSA) publishes a guide to graduate work in women's studies.
- Gender and Sexuality Center was created in 2001 to offer resources and support for gender and lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender issues.