Frequently Asked Questions

We are here to answer your questions!

Julie ThorntonAmy SillanpaMarit Lysne Joe Baggot     

  Joy Kluttz Drew Weis Leah Wellstone  Carolyn Fure-Slocum

On this page, professional staff from the Sexual Misconduct Support Team and the Sexual Misconduct Adjudication Team answer questions we hear often.

If you have a question that is not addressed here, please contact any of us. We can give you information and discuss your questions and concerns. 

I had an uncomfortable sexual experience. I am confused about what I experienced and I'm not sure if I want to make a complaint. What should I do?

"One helpful first step may be to seek support at Student Health and Counseling.  There are confidential counselors who can help you process your experience, without ever labeling it for you. With counseling you may better sort through your confused feelings, more clearly understand your experience, and be able to discuss all the options available to you, so you can make decisions that work for you."

—Marit Lysne, Director of Student Health and Counseling

Marit Lysne

  • Keywords: counselor, counseling, wellness center, discuss, confused, don't, know

Other FAQs