Your network of resources does not end at the edge of campus. There are many non-Carleton resources available to you.
The HOPE Center can…
- Talk with you on their 24-hour SafeLine.
- Provide crisis intervention.
- Offer support counseling.
- Give you information about options and resources.
- Provide excellent legal advocacy and support.
- Accompany and support you during an evidentiary exam.
- During office hours (9-4, M-F): 507-332-0882
24-hour Safeline: 1-800-607-2330
Northfield Hospital can…
- Provide a full range of medical care following an assault, including testing for the presence of date rape drugs, treatment of physical trauma, pregnancy prevention, and STI testing/treatment.
- Trained “SAFE Nurse” personnel can perform an evidentiary exam to collect evidence, should you wish to consider pursuing a legal complaint of sexual assault.
- If you require transportation to an off-campus clinic or hospital, you may contact Carleton Security or utilize Northfield Transit or Taxi Services. Student Health and Counseling or Security can provide you with a taxi voucher.
- Northfield Hospital (main number): 507-646-1000
Emergency Room: 507-646-1100
2000 North Avenue, Northfield, MN 55057
Northfield Police can…
- Respond to an emergency situation and will file a police report of the incident.
- Assist you if you wish to pursue an external complaint of sexual harassment or sexual assault.
- Emergency: 911
Northfield Mental Health Professionals can...
Here is a listing of licensed mental health providers in Rice County.
Family and Friends can…
- Listen to you.
- Provide ongoing emotional support.
- Contact the Dean of Students Office or the Coordinator of the Student Complaint Process if they have questions about Carleton’s policies or procedures.