Jack Kent Cooke Graduate Arts Award
Purpose: Provides up to $50,000 toward a graduate degree in the performing or visual arts or creative writing
Eligibility and Selection Criteria: This award is for Seniors or recent Carleton graduates who:
- have a cumulative GPA of 3.2 or better on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent),
- plan to begin their first graduate degree in fall 2014 on a full-time basis, and
- have unmet financial need.
- Student MUST be nominated by Carleton.
Internal Application deadline: Submit TWO copies of your application materials to the Office of Student Fellowships, c/o Karen Moldenhauer, Laird 131, no later than November 5, 2013.
This year the Graduate Arts Award will have a two-phase application process.
Phase One deadline is November 28, 2013 (closes at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time)
Materials to be submitted:
- Portfolio with descriptions and a summary
- Short application including demographics, GPA, and other basic information
- Financial information comprising of the last three years' AGI for yourself and for your parent(s) if you are under 30 years of age
If you are selected as a semifinalist based on the Phase One application, you will be invited to submit additional information in Phase Two of the application process.
Phase Two application requirements will include:
- Continuation of student application
- Student Financial Form, including a copy of 2012 Federal Tax Return
- Parent Financial Form, including a copy of 2012 Federal Tax Return (required for applicants under 30 years of age)
- Student Aid Report (SAR) from the 2013-14 FAFSA
- Two letters of recommendtaion
- Nomination from your Faculty Representative
Phase Two deadline is February 21, 2014 (closes at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time).
Visit the official Jack Kent Cooke website